The 2014 Crown Managers Partnership Annual Forum is just around the corner. The Forum will be held on March 17-19 in Missoula, Montana. Registration ends March 14th.
This year’s topic is Adaptive Management for Climate Change in the Crown of the Continent Ecosystem.
The Crown Managers Partnership (CMP) is a voluntary multi-jurisdictional, trans-boundary partnership formed in 2001 by a collection of agencies seeking to demonstrate leadership in addressing the environmental management challenges in the Crown of the Continent region.
The conference is an outflow of CMP’s desire to share information about common interests and issues in the Rocky Mountain Range’s Ecosystem and then collaborate. The location of the Forum rotates between British Columbia, Alberta and Montana.
Some of the specific topics that this year’s Forum will address are:
- cumulative effects of human activities across the ecosystem
- increased public interest in how lands are managed and how decisions are reached
- increased recreational demands and increased visitation
- the maintenance and sustainability of shared wildlife populations
- collaboration in sharing data, standardizing assessment and monitoring methodologies
The Forum is scheduled to have an engaging range of activities, including an opening keynote, small group exercises, a panel discussion, and a round robin discussion.
Please note that the Forum on March 17 will take place at the Double Tree Hotel (100 Madison Street) and the remainder of the Forum (March 18-19) will be held at the University of Montana in Missoula, MT (32 Campus Drive).
For answers to questions about the conference, contact email@example.com.