On behalf of our staff and all of the sponsors of our 2010 Reader Photo Contest, we are very pleased to announce that the winner of our Early Bird Prize Package is Darren Robinson of Powell River, British Columbia.
Darren’s entry, entitled ‘Through the eyes of the mountain guide’ is listed as image #131 (as of today) on this page of our web site:
Keep in mind we’ll be uploading more than an extra 50 more submissions made August 1st to August 12th only, and the general contest will be closing next year, end of March 2011!!
Our Early Bird Prize Package has a retail value of $1,635 and includes:
- Two nights Bed & Breakfast Package in a Fairmont room for two adults with complimentary recreation equipment rentals valid through to March 31, 2011, courtesy of the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge Resort Hotel. Surf up their site at www.fairmont.com. The Fairmont is a very well known and respected brand in the Canadian Rockies and includes such other properties as the Château Lake Louise and the Banff Springs hotels. The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge Resort is a pet-friendly family hotel and it was named the 2009 Environmental Hotel of the Year based upon their commitment to hotel-wide composting, waste diversion, and a constant commitment to all things green. And a $6 million dollar renovation, just winding up will feature a new 10,000 square foot full Fairmont Spa, new health club, art gallery, a selection of boutique stores, and a redesigned coffee shop.
- In addition to these superior accommodations, Darren will also receive a Columbia Icefields Parkway Motorcycle Tour plus commemorative tee shirts for two people courtesy of Jasper Motorcycle Tours. Check out all of their tour packages at www.jaspermotorcycletours.com.
- Evil Dave’s Grill (www.evildavesgrill.com) will provide Darren with a $50 Gift Certificate for their dining pleasure and the “Everything But” store has donated a $50 Gift Certificate with which Darren will be able to purchase clothing or souvenirs of this memorable experience. And Darren is sure to enjoy an autographed copy of “Jasper-Robson: A Taste of Heaven”, written by Don Beers and courtesy of Pine Bungalows.
And a gentle reminder to continue to submit your photo entries. Our Photo Contest runs straight through til March 31, 2011, and we still have some superb prizes to give away, including:
- Gold Medal Package: A brand new Canon EOS Digital Rebel T2i EF-S High Definition video camera and accessories with a retail value of $1,800, courtesy of The Camera Store in Calgary. The Camera Store opened in 1996 to better serve the western Canadian market. They are full line dealers for the entire range of conventional and digital photographic equipment and supplies and they have the knowledge base to back it up! They can make your photographic experiences easier and help improve your final product. Most commercial photographers, photo students and avid amateurs in Calgary rely on The Camera Store for all their needs.
- Silver Medal Package: A portable outdoor campfire and accessories. Ideal for campers. Easy & safe to use. Courtesy of Campfire-in-a-Can. Their portable campfires are designed with you, the outdoor enthusiast and RV owner in mind. From backyard to the beach and beyond, their environmentally friendly, easy to use and safe outdoor fire pits give you a warm, welcoming campfire experience anytime, anywhere. It’s the premium-quality portable campfire you can count on – from their family to yours.
- Bronze Medal Package: A large print of the Crowsnest Pass image that appears on page 14 of the 2010-2011 edition of Experience the Mountain Parks. Plus two “Share the Experience” tee shirts. The print is courtesy of the Ministry of Culture and Community Spirit, Heritage & Museum Division, Government of Alberta and the tees are courtesy of CMI Publishing.
Congratulations to Darren and many thanks to our sponsors and to all those who entered our 2010 Photo Contest, so far. Remember, you have until March 31st to get your entries in to be eligible for our Gold, Silver and Bronze prize packages!
Publisher of Experience the Mountain Parks
Tweet me at http://twitter.com/BHarris_Calgary