The votes are in, the judges have chosen their favourite pictures, and we can now announce the winners of our 2015 Experience the Mountain Parks Photo Contest!
First of all, we want to thank everyone who entered our tenth annual contest. We were blown away by the number of stunning photos that were entered. Thank you to everyone who voted for their favourite picture, too. The winner of our Voting Category alone had 1,145 votes!
And now – on to the winners!
Our readers had the opportunity to vote for their favourite entry. Some of the photos received dozens of votes, and some received hundreds, and “Peyto Lake (Black and White)” won with over 1,000 votes! Photographer Luke Scanlon wins a 2 Night Getaway to Kananaskis Country that includes:
2 night stay package that includes:
· 2 night’s accommodation
· voucher for buffet dinner for 2 people, and
· continental breakfast each morning
(est retail value of $250)
Rockies Heli Canada
$200 Gift Certificate for a heli tour
Judges Category Grand Prize
We’d like to congratulate Lloyd Dykstra for winning the top prize in the Judges Category! His dynamic entry “Athabasca Falls & Mt. Kerkeslin in Jasper” wins him a $1,500 Gift Certificate courtesy of The Camera Store in Calgary.
Judges Category Second Place
Brandon Born won the second place prize for his vivid entry “3 Isle Lake.” He wins a Dream Getaway to Waterton Lakes National Park, which includes:
· Two nights at the Waterton Glacier Suites (value $600)
· Boat cruise with Shoreline Cruises for 2 ($80)
· Green Fee for two at the Waterton lakes Golf Course ($110)
· Boat rentals at Cameron Lake boat rentals ($40)
· Horseback riding with Alpine Stables, one hour ( $80.00)
· Breakfast at the Lakeside Chophouse ($40.00)
· Lunch at Wiener of Waterton ($40.00)
· Lunch at Zumms ( $75.00)
· Dinner at Pizza of Waterton ($75.00)
· Dinner at Trappers Mountain Grill ($75.00)
· Breakfast at Vimmy’s Grill
Judges Category Third Place
Terri Vidricaire captured the delightful “Dandelion Bear” picture that won third place. As a prize, Terri will receive two Adult Ultimate Explorer Packages courtesy of Brewster Travel Canada.
All the terrific entries made judging a challenge! Because we received many quality photos, we’re also recognizing two honourable mentions in addition to our prize winners.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the contest this year! Watch for us to announce the details of the 2016 Experience the Mountain Parks Photo Contest in a few months. Meanwhile, check out the Photo Contest on our sister site, Experience Calgary’s Greenway.