2010 Photo/Video Contest
The early bird contest just closed its doors. But it’s not over yet; you can submit more photos for the gold, silver, or bronze package. More details below.
If you prefer seeing all the competing photos at once, then it’s here!
Otherwise you can browse through below.
In case you were wondering: “where is my submission?”
Here is the answer: “Photos are alphabetically ordered like this: First Name, Last Name.” Not by submission date. Please keep in mind it might take up to 48 hours to see it/them on this website.
The contest is now over. Thank you all for your great submissions and good luck. In a few days we’ll announce the winners!
“Parks are 4 everyone” | Submitted by Patricia Cucman | Calgary, Alberta | May 30, 2010
Patricia says: ” This movie is a result of a trip with a friend of mine who is an avid fourwheeler. His skill and determination are remarkable. Video was shot in Kananaskis in Fall of 2007. I hope you enjoy this and YES I would like this submission to be considered for the 2010 video contest.”
“Snowshoeing at Lake O’Hara” | Submitted by Patricia Cucman | Calgary, Alberta | May 30, 2010
Patricia says: “This movie was compiled from video shot in February 2008. Four of us make an annual trip into O’Hara, Yoho National Park, to snowshoe. I tried to cram the four day experience into 60 seconds as per the contest requirements and found the 60 second constraint to be a lot of fun. Hope you enjoy it and YES I would like this movie to be considered for the contest.”
Employees of CMI Publishing, CSM Media and the contest sponsors are not eligible. There is no limit on the number of entries that any one contestant can submit. The entry deadline for the Gold, Silver, and Bronze packages is March 31, 2011.
The early bird prize package: a retail value of $1635, including a 3-day getaway to Jasper, Alberta, with room, meals, motorcycle tour and more.
See by yourself in details this early bird package:
– Two-night B&B package for two adults with complimentary recreation equipment rentals from the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
– An escorted tour to the Icefields Parkway for two people plus commemorative tee-shirts from Jasper Motorcycle Tours
– $50 gift certificate for your dining pleasure at Evil Dave’s Grill
– $50 gift certificate from the Everything But store, perfect for clothing or souvenirs.
– An autographed copy of “Jasper-Robson: A Taste of Heaven” by Don beers, courtesy of Pine Bungalows.
If you wish to be part of the general contest, contest closes March 31, 2011, midnight M.T.!
– The Gold Prize package is valued at $1800 retail value: a full camera outfit from The Camera Store, Calgary.
– The Silver Prize package is a portable outdoor campfire & accessories from
– The Bronze Prize package includes a beautiful print of the Crowsnest Pass and two Experience The Mountain Parks tee-shirts.
More opportunities to win through monthly chances up to the end of March for other prizes, just follow Bob on Twitter like more than 7830 are!!
Are limited to photos taken within the mountain parks of Alberta, British Columbia, and Montana. Digital images should be saved as JPGs, in CMYK mode at 300 DPI.
All images should have minimum dimensions of 4” by 6”. All entries must include the name and contact information of the photographer, a caption for the photo, and specifics on the date and location as to when the image was taken.
Here’s how to enter:
- Mail your entry to: CMI Publishing, 116 Parkview Way SE, Calgary, AB, T2J 4M8.
- Drop off your entry to The Camera Store, 802 – 11th Ave SW, Calgary, AB, T2R 0E5.
- Upload your image(s) here.
- Or, email your entry to Contest@ExperienceMountainParks.ca.
Photo submissions will be reviewed and selected on technical quality, creativity, composition, and overall impact. The winners hereby agree to have their names, photos, and entries published in the 2011 edition of Experience The Mountain Parks, and online at www.ExperienceTheMountainParks.ca. Judging of the entries will be conducted by a panel of professional photographers. All decisions by the judging panel will be final.
Photographic submissions remain the property of the photographer. The sponsors reserve full usage rights of all entries for a period of three years, without cost, for use in tourism brochures, and any other corporate promotional materials. CMI Publishing reserves the right to showcase all winning and honourable mention photography indefinitely within Experience the Mountain Parks, on the contest website and within contest promotional material. Sponsor rights shall not include the sale of submitted photographs to other parties or other commercial use. Photo credits will be provided where possible at the discretion of the sponsors.
Early Bird Prize Package:
The entry deadline for the Early Bird Prize Package is July 31, 2010. If the winner is unable to use the prize package in between August 1, 2010, and March 31, 2011, it will be offered to the first runner-up. The prize package has no cash value and is not transferable.